Matt went camping and climbing at Pinnacles National Monument today and into tomorrow with some guys and I'm home cleaning! Don't get me wrong... it's actually kind of nice since I can't remember the last time I spend a Saturday night by myself! :)
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
I forgot to mention in my previous post that when I participated in (Mission Springs) Outdoor Education last fall I became an official member of the Banana Slug Club! To get in the "Club" you've gotta put a Banana Slug on your nose for 10 seconds! I did it and now I'm an official card carrying member! And yes, they actually have cards they hand out! Mine is hanging on my bulletin board at work! :)
Posted by Heather and Matt Troxell at 10:58 PM
Ahhhh the wonders of Santa Cruz! :) Two weeks ago when we were leaving for Church I saw this Banana Slug in our yard and snapped a quick picture of it.
I just love the way the Banana Slug looks and the good it does for our Redwood Forests by decomposing the stuff it encournters! Plus the Banana Slug has it's very own band and songs! You can see what I mean here...
Posted by Heather and Matt Troxell at 10:39 PM
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
What I was doing ten years ago:
I was at the tail end of my Senior year at Lake Howell High School! (Which means I will be celebrating my 10 year High School reunion this year!!!! Crazy!) I had just been accepted to Palm Beach Atlantic University and was SOOOOOOO excited about attending. It was a great time of life!
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Yogurt and fresh fruit
3. York Peppermint Pattie
Five jobs I have held:
1. Produce Stand Cashier!-- This was my first job at the ripe old age of 15!
2. Don Pablo's Tex-Mex Hostess-- I spent many a weekend seating guests at their table... we even had a smoking section back then, can you believe it?
3. Palm Beach Recreation Center-- I helped kiddos and hung out with my friends who also worked there... that's pretty much all I did!
4. Camp Counselor at the legendary Wild Oak Camp-- that was a glorious summer and job!
5. Young Life Area Administrator-- why did I ever leave?
1. I have to arrange my dishes in some sort of stacked order before I can start to wash them.
2. I shake my leg to go to sleep at night but I don't have restless leg syndrome... probably just OCD!
3. I always put my right leg in my pants first or right sock on first too when getting ready... again this is probably a sign of OCD.
4. I only set my alarm clock for something on the 0's or 5's... example: 8:00, 8:05, 8:10, etc...
5. I hold my pee for a really long time. I don't know why but I always wait like 2 hours past when I feel like I need to go.
Five Places I have lived:
1. Orlando, Florida
2. West Palm Beach, Florida
3. London, England
4. Scotts Valley, California
5. Mt. Hermon, California
I'm tagging Carissa for this "meme" 'cause she's the only one that reads my blog anyway!
Posted by Heather and Matt Troxell at 10:41 AM
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Matt and I headed out to the high school tonight to see the San Lorenzo Valley 2008 Fashion Show which was titled "Fashion: Through The Lens". We hadn't realized until tonight that eight out of ten of the Designers are swimmers and about 90% of the models also swim!! It was really well done and we had a great time supporting our kids in one of their other talents! :) Plus it's always a treat to see the kids dolled up (ie Prom etc) and not just in their Speedos like we normally do on the pool deck! Below are some pics from the evening... enjoy!
Dominique sporting her own design
Adian in an outfit by Katie D.
Kristin- jacket & purse by Sarah M.
Sarah M. in her own work! :) (her stuff was AMAZING!)
So, Matt's been working very hard on our shower when ever he has a spare moment. And ya know, it's starting to shape up! We now have new plumbing, walls, and a shower pan! (See old posts for pictures of our old nasty shower pan... it was gross.) My husband is the best! He is so handy and impresses me with just how much he knows and can do! I've got a winner, that's for sure!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
So, I've got this niece... Ella.
She's "almost 4" and has been "almost 4" since November but her birthday happens to be in May! Ella is hilarious! I got to talk to her on the phone today. We've spoken many times before but never in such great detail and length as the way we did today. You know, I would mark today, April 1, 2008, as our first offical "real conversation" as Niece and Aunt and boy was it a fun one! We spoke mostly about her day and how it was going. Then we got to the main question: what she wants for her 4th birthday. The answer: a musical brown pony (but it could also possibly have wings and it could be red, pink, or sparkley too!!) Not sure where to find that but I try!
Anyway, this post is basically a shout out to my Sister and Brother-in-law for doing such a good job over the last 4 years in raising Ella... she's great and I can't wait to celebrate her 4th birthday with her very soon!!!
Aunt Heather & Ella at the beach in September 2007!